New in the Shop!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Everything Old Shop Update: Clouds and Fluff

Today's update isn't enormous, but it's a good one!

I've listed some lovely Falkland Wool top (it's silkier and shinier than any Falkland I've felt before) in two one-off kettle dyed colourways called Lavender and Pixie Stix; a fluffy braid of Shetland in Blue Fairy; and my two remaining skeins of Stratus, my newest lace weight base!


Stratus is lovely stuff - it's a softly twisted 100% superwash merino lace weight, put up in 100 gram skeins of approximately 800 metres. I'm looking forward to ordering more, as most of it sold in the Fibrations marketplace. I think my favourite thing about it is how easily I can control the way it takes colour - it will absolutely soak up dye for really saturated shades, but it's also really fantastic for paler, subtly layered colours Like the Victorian Rose pink in the photo above which has washes of purple, orange, red, and brown to add dimension.

Oh, and at $20 for 800 hand-dyed artisan-yarn metres and hours of knitting/crocheting/weaving/stashing pleasure, it's a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment