I'll show off today's awesome update photomontage at the end of this post, but there are a few things I'd like to tell you first. Promise not to hate me?
I will no longer be doing self striping yarn or sewn bags for my shop.
I'm sorry guys, I know you love the stripeys. I love stripey yarn too, and even though I'm brimming with cool colour ideas, I just can't do it anymore. It's a lot of work for very little money, and it's sucking out my creative energy. I need that energy to make awesome yarn and focus more on designing. That said, never fear because there are loads of awesome stripy dyers out there! Here are a few of my favourites, who have not yet become so disgustingly popular that you can't catch an update to save your life:
- Friday Studios - oh the colours! Located in the EU
- Fishknits - very affordable, and amazing colour sequences!
- Desert Vista Dyeworks - gradients, stripeys, and more, oh my! Loads of things in stock, pretty much all the time, and a loyal fan base.
- Fireweed Dyeworks - she mostly dyes to order from her previous colourways, so contact her! Beautiful stuff.
As for the bags, I adore sewing but not for production. My machine is slow, for one thing, and making a bajillion of the same thing when I'm also trying to get yarn dyed and patterns written is just crazy. I can't wear this many hats. But I do have two very strong suggestions for you!
- Miso Crafty Knits - I know Melissa personally and I have one of her amazing sweater bags. Her sewing is immaculate, her service is fantastic, and she has an eye for amazing quality and adorable prints.
- Tangerine Designs - you do have to catch updates, but Casey's bags are to die for. Buy one - you'll see. Perfect construction, great fabric, and competitive prices.
Alrighty, the update!
I've listed the last of the bags, and don't forget, everything is 13% off this month with the TDF13 coupon code!
Those supported spindle bags are a killer deal because the design didn't quite come to fruition the way I planned. They are super padded and gorgeously squishy, they're sturdy and cute, but they have a few little wibbles in the stitching. I have one myself and it's great for taking my pretties on the go.