New in the Shop!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm BACK!

Hi everyone, it's nice to see you! Happy new year, happy holidays, and all that good stuff.

Greetings from Rei, the sugar-fueled Christmas Fairy
...and festive Darth Vader, courtesy of my sister and brother in law
I've taken a bit of an absence from the internet lately, and I've missed it. The holidays are always stressful for crafters, and I tend to really go overboard. I knitted 8 presents this year, sewed 3 (plus and advent calendar and tree skirt), and baked and spun 2 more. I only had one breakdown late in the game, which is an improvement! I aim for none next year (maybe not leaving all my Christmas baking to 2pm on Christmas eve again would be a good idea? Yeah... I tripped at the finish line there). I had to cut back on time somewhere, and unfortunately my shop and blog took the biggest hits. But now, I'm BACK!

I've decided 2012 is going to be an awesome year. I'm going to change a few things in the shop to streamline things with my other lives and improve the store.
  • Updates are now going to be on Fridays - generally in the mid-morning. 
  • I'll still be keeping the shipping days flexible, so your purchases always go out within 2 business days, but generally less. 
  • I'm going to be dyeing with some new colours and fibres - maybe even a new yarn base if I feel like there's a demand. 
  • I'm also going to be focusing a bit more on pattern design - look for a free pattern by the end of the month! 
  • I plan on keeping the blog updated more regularly, which will be fun - I feel like a jerk when I'm only posting my shop updates!
  • I'm going to be selling my yarns, fibres, and accessories at as many festivals as I can manage this year - Fibres West is the first one I have planned, and Fibrations here in Victoria, of course! Come see me in person OK?
  • I am now accepting wholesale customers! If you are a buyer for an online or brick-and-mortar (or cement and steel, or log cabin, I don't care) yarn store, please contact me for my list of wholesale policies and prices!
January is one of my favourite months - not least because it's my birthday month! Expect a sale and giveaway as we get closer to the 29th... Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment