New in the Shop!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tour de Fleece Yarn: The Second

I finished this yarn at least a week ago, but didn't get a chance to photograph it properly because my lightbox was in the storage room/death-trap-of-messishness and apparently I can't be bothered to walk the 4 feet from the front door to go in there.

What do you think?


It's spun from the Aurelia Wool and Weaving Topknot that I talked about when I was preparing for the tour by stashing crazy amounts of fibre.


It's about a heavy worsted weight (do I ever need a wraps-per-inch tool eh?) and is approximately 140 yards and 92 grams.


One of the 3 plies has a bit of sparkle, which is awesome, but other than that it's New Zealand wool - Merino, Corriedale, and halfbred, according to the website. The orange and red wools were definitely different - one was crimpy and grabby and felt a lot like Corrie, the other was slick and almost alpaca-like. The whole thing was a treat to spin.

Can you believe it's day 11 of the tour already? I'm still slogging through a braid of silk/merino that I dyed for myself. Super fine singles make my head want to explode. Here's a recent progress pic:


I've actually spun more since then onto a second bobbin, but it's not much to look at compared to that first bobbin. I think I'll put in some dedicated spinning time tonight and see just how far I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment