New in the Shop!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Why So Serious: MMOPRG Love

So, if you didn't already think I was a little, well... odd - I think you should know that Jake and I met online. Playing Everquest 2. It was nearly-instant nerd love, once he realized I really was a girl and not a guy with a female avatar.

I was a nubile half elf monk with a sassy attitude and a punk rock hairdo. He was an overpowered warlock wood elf with a penchant for purple robes. We met in a cursed castle. We bonded while killing manta rays for a rare drop quest item. I first heard his voice when we set up group chat so we could better coordinate to kill a rogue gnome and his pet eyeball. It was love at first click.

No, I'm not making this up.

Therefore, this made me laugh. And you; you're laughing with me, not at me, right? Right???


Here's the best part: I turned out to be a chubby, fashion school drop out, extreme introvert who can't stop knitting. He turned out to be a skinny nerd with a slightly receding hairline (sorry hon, but... well...). And it was still love. And it still is. And it's gonna stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment