New in the Shop!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Handspun!

I just had to share some photos of my latest handspun. I worked on it for what seems like ages, and it came out almost exactly the way I envisioned it.


It's eighty percent merino and twenty percent silk, two ply, and varies between lace and light fingering weight.

More info and pics after the jump...




The fibre is Ashford Silk Merino Sliver in the Mulberry colourway. I'll be using it again, when I can justify the expense of purchasing even more fibre than I already have.


There are about 211 metres in this 54 gram skein.

Here's a pic before I plied it:


It sparkles in the sun. Silk sure is lovely stuff!


I can't find a pattern that quite suits it, so I think I'll be designing one myself. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment