I take a perverse enjoyment in rehashing the last year's goals to see how I measured up. Come join me as I crow about my successes, wallow in my failures, and spew word vomit onto the screen. Be grateful that's the only kind of vomit I'm producing now. Stupid Norovirus.
2013's Crafty Goals:
- Knit 15km.
- Spin 9km.
- Finish one of the three cross stitched Christmas stockings.
- Make a patchwork quilt.
|The back is simple unbleached cotton flannel. Isn't it cute?|
- Knit the Evenstar Shawl.
- Release at least four patterns.
- Slightly reduce yarn and fibre stash volumes.
- Don't buy more raw fibre, and work with what I have.
- Knit sweaters.
- Knit selfishly and pursue other crafts if I prefer them over knitting at that moment.
|The aforementioned sampler|
2013's Life Goals:
- Train the dog.
- Get my driver's licence.
- Improve my mental and physical health.
- Put more money in savings.
- Better outward self care.
- Continue to grow my business.
- Do fun things with family.
When I do the (very official and quantitative) math, I earned a 61% in crafty goals, and a solid 81% in life goals. I'm pleased with me! Every time I feel like a failure in 2014 I'll remind myself that I'm more of a solid B minus. Yay?
I'll ponder and post this year's goals soon. Until then, dear readers, avoid touching strangers and sanitize everything!