New in the Shop!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Pattern: The Cat's Paw Cowl!

At long last, and just in time for Fibres West, the Cat's Paw Cowl is available for purchase in both my Ravelry and Etsy stores!



I've always called it a "cat's paw" when a small patch of smooth water is roughened by an errant breeze. The diagonal mesh and symmetry of this cowl, combined with a soft blue yarn, reminds me of ocean ripples and spring sailing.

This cowl is a pleasant, simple knit and would be a great first lace project if you haven't taken that dive yet!

It's designed to use my Paragon 100% Merino sock yarn (which I adore working with), but any fingering weight, or lace weight doubled, would work! The large size uses an entire 400yd skein, so you have to make sure your gauge is accurate if you don't want it to run out early.

I was hoping to get a picture of a nice cat's paw at the beach yesterday, but the weather wasn't cooperating. Frankly I'm lucky it wasn't raining. WHERE ARE YOU SPRING?!?!






2 comments:

  1. Yay Em for the new pattern!! Now I NEED to buy a skein of your Death and Taxes for this, right??? Cause um, how else am I suppose to knit this pattern but with your yarn in that colourway??

    Congrats on the new pattern!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you're doomed to buy it ;) Everybody needs Death and Taxes!

      Delete