New in the Shop!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Shawl We Dance?

Oh snap, I am the master of the post-title pun.

As part of the KnitGirllls Deep Stash December KAL, I pulled out my oldest skein of stash yarn and knit it up! The yarn is Curious Creek Wasonga, and I bought it on holiday in Port Townsend, WA. It was December 2008, and Jacob and I were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. The colourway is Sunrise on Daffodils, and it is perfectly named. It was my first ever fancy yarn purchase, and I loved it dearly. However, it needed using, so I knit an Echo Flower Shawl!




This is a very pretty pattern that worked up surprisingly quickly, although the nupp rows were quite a slog. It's a sweet little shawl, and while I don't wear it much, I'm glad I knit it. I think I'll feel more inclined to throw it on in the spring and summer when the sun is shining and the daffodils are out!

6 comments:

  1. Me too :) it's so springy and cheery, and it's a really lovely dye job too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shawl. I love the flower stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I was so surprised that it's a free pattern - everything flows so beautifully.

      Delete