New in the Shop!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Goals: Crafty Edition

So, my list of craft related goals for the year is a lot longer than my life related goals. I think that's partly because my crafts have taken over most of my life.

 

  • Make a patchwork quilt
  • Learn some new knitting techniques (intarsia, double knitting, entrelac, afterthought heels, steeking, brioche, whatever).
  • Knit Susan Pandorf's Evenstar shawl.
  • Knit a sweater for everyone in the family (...cats excluded. Obviously).
  • Set reasonable but ambitious monthly spinning goals through the LSG Spinners and Dyers "Spinning Asskick Club" on Ravelry. Score at least 80% every month.
  • Participate in the Tour de Fleece.
  • Spin more for the shop.
  • Release at least one pattern design every two months.
  • Make all three cross stitched Christmas stockings. About a third of one is finished as of the beginning of 2012.
  • Knit enough socks for myself that I don't have to ration them or go barefoot (unless I want to).
  • Use my crafty skills to make my home prettier.
  • Learn to spin art/textured yarn.
  • Fully restore and master the in's and out's of my Cowichan spinner. Make awesome yarn.
  • Restore and reupholster the chair and ottoman in my parents' basement, thus creating an awesome knitting chair just for me.
  • Don't overdo the Christmas gift crafting. Be sensible.
  • Start some sort of project using sock yarn scraps.
  • With yarn, try not to bring in more stash than is being knitted out. It would be great to be able to close the stash tubs and actually have the lids sit flush with the bins.
  • With fibre, don't buy any more fleeces until the ones in the garage are processed. Work more with these fleeces. Occasionally buy a braid of something nice by a favourite indie dyer, but try to work with what is currently available.
  • Knit what I want, when I want. Make things that make me (and gift recipients) happy.
  • Crochet snowflakes for next Christmas.
  • Learn a new craft. I don't have to keep with it if I don't like it - the learning and the trying of new things is more important.

Holy shit - long list is LONG. And it's not over. I want to knit 12 kilometres of yarn, and spin 5 kilometres. And I can totally do it. Totally. Maybe.

 

Well friends, what are your crafty goals? Do you set reasonable goals or just go crazy? Do you set them at all? Do they work out for you? Nosy me demands satisfaction.

 

Happy crafty new year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment