New in the Shop!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tour de Fleece Day 16 - New Yarn!

I finally finished my merino/silk blend! I got frustrated with how long this took to spin, but I'm extremely pleased with the final result, and the official verdict is that all that work was totally worth it.

So, I finally switched to Picasa for my photos. Why didn't I do this earlier? Collages just make themselves!
I got 904 yards (holy crap, amirite?) of 2 ply laceweight, in one 98 gram skein. It's fractal spun so it will have a gradual striping effect. I actually lost maybe 75 - 150 yards of singles because my bobbins were uneven and plying it back on itself only got so far before a big tangle happened.

The colourway is called Self Rescuing Princess, and the base is Knit Picks Gloss Roving.

No comments:

Post a Comment