New in the Shop!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spinning spinning spinning spinning...

I finished another few skeins of handspun yarn! I'm really proud of myself - I'm almost at the point where, if I was asked if I spin, I'd say "Yes!" instead of "I try..."

I'll post my favourite one first, because I love it so. I was going for fingering weight, and I very nearly succeeded! I'd say it's pushing sport. It's chain plied, and came out to about 255 yards (very dense yarn - I'm still working on that aspect). The fibre is 100 grams of Knit Picks bare stroll roving (merino/nylon), dyed by me. I call the colourway Cair Paravel. It's going to knit into wide stripes.



This is a sample of merino/silk/bamboo from Corgi Hill Farm - it came with the wensleydale I got for mother's day, and I spun it up as practice so I wouldn't ruin the merino/silk blend I'd like to spin soon. It's about 100 yards, lace weight, 2 ply, and not quite 2 ounces. I'm extremely pleased with my experience shopping with Corgi Hill, and I'd recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful spinning fibre!



This one is the first thing I spun on my wheel - 2 ounces of my beginner hand dyed sliver of which I have 2 braids still in the shop. I tried spinning it worsted at first, but I found that it just loves to be spun from the fold. I really recommend spinning it that way, if you'd like to try it. I dyed it myself. It was a freak dye-breaking occurrence that I absolutely love and know I won't be able to replicate ever again. I'm calling it Polariod.

No comments:

Post a Comment