In honour of the vegetable garden that I spent my weekend building and planting, I thought today I'd link some delicious vegetarian recipes that I love, or would love to try. All but one are easily made vegan.
Get the links after the jump (or stay here and drool, it's up to you).
- This is my very own Curry Coconut Squash Soup recipe. It's best used in fall when squash is cheap and fresh, but I won't fault you if you can't wait that long. It's AWESOME.
- I've used this Falafel recipe with great results. Falafel are so wonderfully filling and really very easy to make from scratch. Cheap too!
- Ricotta Gnocchi With Red Pepper Sauce. I don't need to say anything more, do I?
- I just learned about this Russian recipe - baklazhennaya ikra - the other day. It translates to 'eggplant caviar', and is supposedly just about the most delicious thing ever. Use it as a spread on crackers, hearty breads, or baked goods. I'm told it's killer with goat cheese. Here's a recipe I found!
- A dear friend of mine has just started a fantastic vegan food blog at Veg Jenski. Here's her delicious looking herbed home fries recipe... yum. Go send her my love, and check out her other tasty offerings!