New in the Shop!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Links: Knit up a Storm

credit - knit a Link outfit for your babe!!!

In honour of my Stella Cowl becoming available for purchase I thought I'd share the links to some of my favourite knitting patterns this Wednesday - these ones are all free (even the cute Link one! awww). If you like these free patterns, many designers have amazing patterns available for purchase as well - check them out on Ravelry.






Get these links, and a few more, after the jump!

  1. This adorable girls dress by Signe S. Simonsen comes in a great size range and would be a perfect transitional outfit for spring!
  2. I can hardly wait to knit Jenny Johnson Johnen's Echo Flower Shawl - it's absolutely stunning.
  3. This little octopus can be appliqued onto anything! I have big plans for this little guy. Thanks to Jennifer Wang for the pattern!
  4. The Oranje cardigan by Ann Weaver is a perfect example of how modern fair isle knitting can look. I'm knitting another of her free patterns - it's very well written.
  5. The Latvian Garden Baby Blanket  by the Needle Lady would make an incredibly special gift, and the charts can be used for so much more than blankets! 

    My Lakeside socks
    Another favourite free pattern of mine is the Lakeside socks by Julia Vaconsin (she is an amazing crochet designer too) - I made a pair for my friend Kirsten last year and they were a dream to knit. They worked up surprisingly quickly for knee highs as well.


    For Jake

    I've made these men's fingerless gloves by J. Campbell twice now, it's a great pattern and a very quick knit. Try making them in alpaca for a luxurious but manly gift.

    For my brother in law

    Happy knitting!

    1 comment:

    1. Love those socks! People comment on how nice they are every time I wear them :)

      ReplyDelete