New in the Shop!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Not Totally Epic but Still Considerable Stash

We bought some under-bed storage tubs the other day, and J decided that my yarn stash needed to be relocated, freeing up some space in the linen closet (inhabited entirely by crafty stuff) for some... you know... linens. I always thought my yarn stash was small and sensible, reflecting both my good taste (ha) and my slender pocketbook. I had noticed that the yarn wasn't staying on it's shelf very well - it kept leaping out at me when I opened the closet door. Still in denial, I assumed the lovely little skeins were just being affectionate; they wanted to be closer to me, or to frolic out in the light of day.
Yeah. Right. When I laid all the yarn out flat to organize it and take a picture for the 2011 'Flash Your Stash' thread on Ravelry, this was the result:

Organized by weight - lace at the bottom, bulky at the top.

The kitties have fleas right now. STAY AWAY FROM MY STRING!
I count 103 skeins. Wow.
It isn't an enormous stash like, say, this one (seriously, click the links. She's got more yarn than all my LYS's combined) but it's pretty huge.

Time for a yarn diet. I pledge to knit only from stash this year. Unless I buy for a special project (like a Christmas present) that will be started immediately. Well... I may have to pick up a little something at the Victoria Fibre Fest this year. And I can't control what people give me as presents (wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean?). But seriously, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment